Hi
Hi all,

After a long hiatus from gaming I find myself once again tempted back into RPGs.  A mix of my son’s growing interest and play with friends, watching ’Critical Role’ and my occasional visits to Oddcon (a RPG convention in Telford).

I played a lot into my early-mid 30s (now in my late 40s) playing multiple systems including D&D, Call of Cthulhu (my personal favourite), Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Paranoia, Warhammer 40k, Feng Shui and Vampire to name a few.  I used to regularly GM, mainly Call of Cthulhu, but on occasion D&D, Feng Shui Andy other systems.

I used to play for fun and competition as both a player and GM at both the RAF championships and UK GenCon.  I am more drawn to roleplay over rules firmly believing if the rule should get in the way then it is the rules that they move out of the way to keep the game going.

I am looking to join on a Tuesday night as Sundays would be difficult.  I look forward to meeting you

Regards

Dave
Hi Dave. Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you play a great mix of games, which are all right up our street! We're just about to start a new round of Tuesday games in April, so this is the perfect time to join us!

We're actually going to be putting up details of the games tonight at 20:00, but there is a spare slot in at least one of the three. If you want to come along and meet us this week or next before you jump into a game, please feel free. The current campaigns are just rounding off, and my group will be playing boardgames next week, so happy to take you on for a social evening Smile

The first month is free, so just turn up and have fun. From May we'll charge £1.50p a session.

"To be normal is the ideal aim of the unsuccessful" - Carl Jung
Hey Dave Smile

We are a pretty mixed interest group, so we play all the genres. Most of the systems you have mentioned have been featured here before, but, I'm not familiar with feng shui. Looking forward to being educated!

Most everyone at the club has had a go at GMing as well as playing, and I'd say that most people fall at the narrative end of the Narrative vs. Rules debate, with some very light games being run as well as some rules heavy ones.

Looking forward to meeting you! It's always exciting to see what other gamers can bring to the club!
Hi Dave

Sorry for not noticing your post yesterday, I've not been able to get online as early as I would have liked today either.

You've now been sorted out with proper access to the forums so please feel free to have a look around. The thread that will probably be of most interest to you, the new round thread TwoBands mentioned, is here:
Forum › Roleplaying Games › Upcoming Roleplaying Games > Spring Round 2018
http://forum.dark-worlds.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1847

I look forward to meeting you.
A stran͜ge hum͡ánoid͡ ͝that ͏got̵ ҉t͜rapped̷ ̕i̛n͝ ́t͠h́e ̷ḑa͢tab̴a͏se̶ ̨a̷n̢d çáǹ'͞t ̴s̢e̶ȩm to ͡e̸s̸ça̢pe
(19-03-2018, 10:03 AM)Runner 5 Wrote: Hey Dave Smile

We are a pretty mixed interest group, so we play all the genres.  Most of the systems you have mentioned have been featured here before,  but, I'm not familiar with feng shui.  Looking forward to being educated!

Most everyone at the club has had a go at GMing as well as playing, and I'd say that most people fall at the narrative end of the Narrative vs. Rules debate, with some very light games being run as well as some rules heavy ones.

Looking forward to meeting you!   It's always exciting to see what other gamers can bring to the club!

Hi Dave,

Look forward to summoning some eldar beings with you.

Feng Shui is that furniture thing right.....  Angel
Thank you for the welcome guys.

Feng Shui was a game I use to use for one off let off steam games. It is based on action movies where inventive heroics are rewarded. The deeper background could have been used as a campaign with gateways controlled by the forces of good and evil. As I say I use to use it as a one off piece on tongue in cheek fun, rather than the full campaign idea.

I am planning to come and visit you on Tue 27 Mar, just to say hi and introduce myself.

Again thanks for the welcome and look forward to seeing you soon.
(19-03-2018, 11:26 PM)Smythe Wrote: I am planning to come and visit you on Tue 27 Mar, just to say hi and introduce myself.

Cool, you can join my group for some boardgaming and we can give you an intro to the club Smile

The new RP round starts on Tuesday 3rd April.

"To be normal is the ideal aim of the unsuccessful" - Carl Jung
(20-03-2018, 12:22 AM)TwoBands Wrote:
(19-03-2018, 11:26 PM)Smythe Wrote: I am planning to come and visit you on Tue 27 Mar, just to say hi and introduce myself.

Cool, you can join my group for some boardgaming and we can give you an intro to the club Smile

The new RP round starts on Tuesday 3rd April.

Thank you
Please accept my apologies for tonight. Due to a course at work and more importantly unadvertised homework (in my 40s and homework, something is so wrong there) I will not be able to get to you tonight. I will see you all on the 3 Apr.

Again apologies

Smythe
No problem, we'll see you on the 3rd
A stran͜ge hum͡ánoid͡ ͝that ͏got̵ ҉t͜rapped̷ ̕i̛n͝ ́t͠h́e ̷ḑa͢tab̴a͏se̶ ̨a̷n̢d çáǹ'͞t ̴s̢e̶ȩm to ͡e̸s̸ça̢pe